Missouri Incorporation Service
Missouri Incorporation. Incorporation of a Domestic Corporation in Missouri. Corporations are owned by their shareholders. Small companies can have a single shareholder, while very large and often publicly traded companies can have several thousand shareholders. As a rule, the shareholders are only responsible for the payment of their own shares. As owners, the shareholders are entitled to receive the profits of the company, usually in the form of dividends. The shareholders also elect the directors of the company.
The directors of the corporation are responsible for the day-to-day activities of the company. They owe a duty of care to the company and must act in its best interest. They are usually elected annually. Smaller companies can have a single director, while larger ones often have a board comprised of a dozen or more directors. Except in cases of fraud or in some specific tax statutes, the directors do not have personal liability for the company’s debts.
Ecompanies offers fast & easy Missouri online incorporation and business registration services.
At Ecompanies we help you step-by-step and take care of the entire business registration process from start to finish. Incorporating a new business in Missouri with us is fast, easy and takes just minutes.
Missouri corporations are formed by filing articles of incorporation with the Missouri secretary of state, corporations division. Articles of Incorporation is a legal document that is filed with the state to create a corporation.
The articles of incorporation document consist of a series of “articles” or “provisions” which typically state:
- The name of the corporation
- The type of corporation (e.g. profit, nonprofit, professional services)
- The purpose for which the corporation is formed. Some states allow simply “any lawful purpose”.
- The name and address of the registered agent who receives any service served upon the corporation
- Information about the initial directors and officers (only required in some states)
- As applicable:
- Whether the corporation is stock or non-stock
- Whether the corporation has members or not
- The initial classes, authorized number, and par values of shares.
- Effective date of the corporation. Sometimes this is not specified in which case the secretary of state makes the corporation
- effective as of the date they process the articles of incorporation.
- The duration of the corporation. Usually, this is “perpetual” but some states permit a future dissolution date.
- Execution of the document by the incorporator(s) who are creating the organization
Before you begin your Missouri Incorporation order, ensure you have the following information on hand:
- The proposed company name (for named corporations).
- The date and time the incorporation is to take effect.
- The names and addresses of the incorporator(s).
- The names and addresses (delivery and mailing) of the director(s).
- The mailing and delivery addresses for the proposed registered and records offices.
- The authorized share structure for the proposed company.
Missouri Incorporation Fees
Missouri Gov Fees: $70.00
eCompanies Service Fee: $99.99
Tax (GST): $5.99
Total Fees: $175.98
Our Missouri Incorporation Service Includes:
- Name availability check
- We perform a preliminary search to determine if your name choice is available or if it is too similar to one already registered.
- Preparation of Articles of Incorporation
- Preparation of the initial document that establishes the existence of the corporation.
- Filing of Incorporation Documents with the Corporations Division
- Submission of the incorporation documents to the Secretary of State corporations division in a timely manner.
- Coordinate all Communication with the Corporations Division Office
- Ensure there are no issues with the filing and continued assistance until filing is complete.
- Personalized Bylaws
- We will build a standard set of bylaws that are used by a corporation to detail how it is managed and operated.
- Minutes and Resolutions
- We will build many of the basic resolutions a corporation uses to demonstrate decisions made or action taken by it.
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- If you order a service from us and for any reason are not satisfied, simply let us know within 24 hours from the time of your order and receive a full refund of our service fees.
- Preparation of EIN Application
- We will complete the necessary forms required by the IRS to obtain your new tax identification number