North Carolina Assumed Business Name Registration
North Carolina Assumed Business Name registration for only $39 + Gov Fees. Ecompanies USA registers your new North Carolina Assumed Business Name online with the North Carolina Department of State, Corporations Division.
Sole proprietorships, general partnerships, and corporations doing business under an assumed name different than their legal names are required to register this business name before start using it. Registration is done by filing a Statement of Assumed Business Name with the North Carolina Secretary of State, Corporations Office Division.
Registration places your business name in the public record maintained by the North Carolina Secretary of State, Corporations Office Division. This allows consumers and business people to find the owners or the principal behind a business name operating in North Carolina.
The legal name of a business is the name of the person or entity that owns a business. If you are the sole owner of your business, its legal name is your full name. If your business is a partnership, the legal name is the name given in your partnership agreement or the last names of the partners. For limited liability corporations (LLCs) and corporations, the business’ legal name is the one that was registered with the state government.
Your business’ legal name is required on all government forms and applications, including your application for employer tax IDs, licenses and permits. However, if you want to operate, open a shop or sell your products under a different name, then you need to file a “fictitious name” registration with the North Carolina Corporations Division.
- A professional and reliable service
- Low North Carolina business name registration and maintenance fees with no hidden charges. For what our services include, our prices can’t be matched.
- A reliable partner and at all time free online consultation and advice
Before you Start
Before you start your registration process, you will need the following information:
- Proposed business name of or a valid Name Reservation Number
- Name and address of the person filing for the registration
- A valid email address
- Mailing Address of the Principal Office
- Name and address of the business name owner
- A valid major Credit Card including the 3-digit security code from the signature panel on the back and the expiration date (we accept MC, VISA, AMEX and Discover Cards)
North Carolina Registration Fees:
North Carolina Gov Fees: $25
North Carolina Name Search: FREE
eCompanies USA Service Fee: $39.99
Total Fees: $67.38